- American Privacy: The 400-Year-History of Our Most Contested Right (Boston: Beacon Press 2009).
- The Court and the Cross: The Religious Right’s Crusade to Reshape the Supreme Court (Boston: Beacon Press 2008).
- The Decency Wars: The Campaign to Cleanse American Culture (New York: Prometheus Books 2006). A political and social history of the forces battling over decency in American culture.
- The Naked Employee: How Technology Is Compromising Workplace Privacy (New York: Amacom 2003). An overview of innovations in surveillance technology and the impact that they are having on workplace privacy.
- Obscene Profits: The Entrepreneurs of Pornography in the Cyber Age (New York: Routledge 2000). An entertaining look at the history of pornography and the social, legal, and economic forces that have combined to make the online pornography industry so successful.
- Vermont Jury Instructions—Civil and Criminal (Butterworths Legal Publishers 1993). Co-authored book with John Dinse and Richie Berger summarizing Vermont jury practice and providing model jury instructions for civil and criminal trials.
- Bolin, Sherrie (ed.), The Standards Edge: Future Generations (Ann Arbor: Sheridan Books 2005). Contributed chapter entitled “Will the Future Have an Off Switch?”.
- Bolin, Sherrie (ed.), The Standards Edge: Open Season (Ann Arbor: Sheridan Books 2005). Contributed chapter entitled “Can Open Source Software Saver Personal Privacy?”.
- Galway, Hon. Richard E., New Hampshire Worker’s Compensation Manual (Butterworths Legal Publishers 1988 and Supps. 1994-1995). Researched and wrote 1994 and 1995 supplements to the original work.
- State Capital Law Firm Group, Products Liability—Fifty State Handbook (West Publishing Co., 1994). Co-authored chapter on Vermont products liability law.
- State Capital Law Firm Group, Lobbying, PACs, and Campaign Finance—Fifty State Handbook (West Publishing Co., 1994). Co-authored chapter on Vermont lobbyist registration and campaign finance laws.
- Cushman, Robert F. (ed.), Fifty State Construction Lien & Bond Law (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1992). Co-authored chapter on Vermont lien and bond law.
- Daller, Morton F. (ed.), Product Liability Desk Reference (Rawle & Henderson, Philadelphia, PA, 1991 and 1992). Co-authored chapter on Vermont product liability law.
Articles and Newsletters
Click here to view a list of articles and newsletters written by Frederick Lane.